How to Style Bay Windows with Blinds
Given their interesting shape and the panoramic views that they offer, it’s easy to see why bay windows are so desirable in modern homes. However, more than this, their jutting shape means that more light is able to enter the room, so you can take full advantage of sunny days.
Despite the many benefits of bay windows, it can often be quite difficult to dress them correctly. So, with this in mind, Fraser James Blinds are providing you with a guide to styling your bay windows properly.
Made to measure is essential
When it comes to finding the right window dressing for your bay windows, the first thing you need to make sure of is that your chosen blinds fitter offers a fully-bespoke, made-to-measure service. This is simply because bay windows are some of the most awkwardly shaped, meaning that there’s a high chance normal blinds simply won’t line up correctly.
With this in mind, be sure to choose a reputable, made-to-measure supplier when it comes to your bay window blinds – it will save you a lot of bother in the long run.
Which blinds to choose?
If you want to style your bay windows with blinds, then we would recommend choosing between one of these three popular styles:
- Roman blinds – if you would like to add a touch of classical chic to your home, this is a great way to do so. Roman blinds really nail the tone of bay windows and, despite their heavy fabric construction, they should be pretty simple to install, too. They will look extra special once they have been retracted!
- Roller blinds – roller blinds are very similar to Roman blinds functionally, however, their aesthetic is much more sleek and modern. If you think that this particular style would better suit your home, then roller blinds are for you. It’s worth noting that, since bay windows put your home on show a little more, roller blinds guard against this by offering excellent privacy.
- Vertical blinds – vertical blinds are perfectly suited to bay windows, as the vertical slats allow the blinds to flow seamlessly around the bay area of the window. However, this still means that each window will require a separate set of blinds.
But what about shutters?
Blinds are a fantastic solution for dressing bay windows, but so are shutters – especially if they are installed on ground-floor windows. Shutters have slats which can be tilted to allow the right amount of light through, and they also offer fantastic insulation and soundproofing – something which can really help bay windows!
Wooden shutters are a distinctive and sophisticated window dressing which transforms any room, and here at Fraser James Blinds we design, manufacture and install a range of bespoke wooden shutters to a high standard throughout Leicester, Coventry, Northampton, and the surrounding area.
There a four different shutter styles to choose from, each offering their own unique style:
- Tier-on-tier shutters: The top and bottom halves are independent from each other, letting you keep one closed and the other open to maintain privacy without sacrificing light control.
- Full height shutters: Covers the whole height of the window in one simple, neat unit.
- Cafe style shutters: Designed to cover the bottom half of a window, exposing the top half. This allows light into the room while still offering privacy.
- Tracked shutters: An expansive option ideal for large windows and french doors. Very useful for partitioning large rooms.
No matter which style you choose, you will enjoy total privacy and light control, as well as comprehensive sound dampening, to make any room as comfortable and peaceful as can be.
Top-quality Window Coverings in Leicester, Coventry, Northampton, Nottingham & Derby
Operating throughout Leicester, Coventry and Northampton, you can count on Fraser James Blinds to deliver a personalised service when it comes to styling your bay windows.
We can offer you all the advice you need, and you can rest assured that our friendly fitters will measure and install your bespoke blinds with complete precision. For more information about the made-to-measure blinds that we offer throughout the region, get in touch with us today.